Coronavirus has hit ENOS like it has everything else. It has been impossible to schedule Open Studios weekends. We have been updatiing the website, adding new artists and updating the pages of existing artists. Most are still busy creating new works, and happy to be contacted for purchases and commissioned works. We hope to be back to normal next year, and hope our website will whet your appetite for our return.
Looking for inspiration?
The East Neuk of Fife with its golden beaches, birdlife, terracotta roofs, cobbled streets and its colourful harbours is waiting for you, and there’s no better time to seek inspiration here than during the East Neuk Open Studios weekends, when local artists throw open their doors and share their locally inspired work with visitors to our beautiful corner of Fife.
- The ENOS trail features dozens of artists throughout the East Neuk.
- Over two weekends at the end of June and beginning of July, our talented artists, designers and makers invite you into their homes and studios to view and chat with them about their work.
- Our studios include artists who have exhibited internationally, as well as those with an eye on future fame, and every artist has their own unique style.
- There’s always an exciting range of paintings, textiles, prints, jewellery, illustrations, cards, photographs, metalwork and stained glass on sale.
- If you’re looking for something to enhance your home or office, you will find lots of wonderful possibilities as you tour the studios.
(Please note that not all artists can accept debit/credit cards, so it’s useful to have cash, cheque or BACS options available if you plan to purchase)
The artist details and maps in our brochure and on this website are your guide to our treasure trail, which stretches from Lower Largo to Crail, via Colinsburgh, Kilconquhar, St Monans, Pittenweem, Ardross, Comielaw, and Cellardyke. Brochures will be widely available to pick up from tourist offices, bars, cafes and businesses around the East Neuk, St Andrews and beyond.
So make a note in your diary. Visit the East Neuk’s wonderful villages, landscapes and wildlife, and be inspired by our local art treasures on show during our Open Studios weekends.
ENOS Winter Showcase …
ENOS also organises an annual Winter Showcase Exhibition. A final decision on whether this year’s showcase will go ahead has not yet been taken.
And all year round …
If you can’t make the Open Studios or Winter Showcase, note that many of our artists exhibit their work all year round at different venues, and are generally happy to be contacted at any time by people wanting to see and purchase their work.
If you follow us on our website and social media, we’ll also keep you posted about other local events that involve our artists, such as the Crail and Anstruther festivals in July, the Pittenweem Arts Festival in August and the St Monans Arts Festival in September.