Press Release: 28th October 2019
Pittenweem venue for East Neuk Art Showcase
East Neuk Open Studios artists will be gathering in Pittenweem for their annual weekend art extravaganza, the East Neuk Winter Showcase Exhibition, on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November.
Forty-five of the East Neuk’s most talented artists, designers and makers will be participating in the event, which this year is being staged in the Parish Church Hall, James Street, Pittenweem.
“The venue is easy to find, on the main road through the village, and you’ll get a warm welcome to the exhibition from 10.30am – 4.30pm each day,” said ENOS Secretary Sheila Caldwell.
“You can expect to see an exciting range of artwork and crafts on display and for sale, and there will also be teas, coffee and delicious home-baking in the exhibition café. There is lots more information online. There’s a directory of East Neuk artists with examples of their work on our website, and updates on the exhibition will be posted there and on social media.”
Artists’ work includes:
- an amazing array of drawings and paintings that have been created using not only traditional media such as watercolours, oils and acrylics, but also other materials such as wax, marble dust and layered collages to create depth-giving textures;
- hand-printed fabrics and designs made using diverse techniques such as Japanese gyotaku (fish rubbings);
- pottery fired in a pit in the grounds of the Cambo estate;
- photographic art and digital imagery;
- needle felted animals and cross-stitched designs made with hand-dyed thread;
- ornaments, paintings and jewellery made from driftwood and other objects found by beachcombing artists;
- jewellery and small vessels in bronze, copper, iron and silver, cast in beach sand; and more …
For more information contact Dave Smith, email@example.com / 01333 730340
Poster for the event: download as an A4/300dpi jpg or as a pdf from https://www.eastneukopenstudios.org/winter-showcase/
People can follow ENOS on …